INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana State Fair is back this year with a theme of “Fun at the Speed of Summer.” This year’s state fair celebrates automotive excellence and brings new and old attractions, a variety of new fair dishes and many concerts.
Here’s everything you need to know before you go.
The 2022 Indiana State Fair will be held from July 29th to August 21st.
- Monday & Tuesday: CLOSED
- Wednesday – Sunday: 9.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m
The fair closes at 10:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and Sundays and at 11:00 p.m. from Thursday to Saturday.
Access to the state fair is no longer possible every day after 8:00 p.m.
If you are inside the gates before 8pm, you can enjoy the Mass until these closing times.
Building and exhibition times:
- Monday and Tuesday: CLOSED
- Wednesday – Sunday: 9am – 8pm
- General building hours: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m
- Ag/Hort shopping area: 09:00 – 21:00
- Opening hours of the 4-H exhibition hall: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
- Harvest Pavilion: 9:00am – 9:00pm
- Monday and Tuesday: CLOSED
- Wednesday: 12pm – 10pm
- Thursday: 12 p.m. – 11 p.m
- Friday – Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m
- Sunday 21 August: 11am – 10pm
Wristbands will not be sold after 8.30pm or accepted after 10pm
- Valid for any trade fair day.
- A parking permit is valid on one day of the trade fair.
Fair Family four pack
- Family Four Pack includes 1 parking ticket and 4 tickets to the fair.
- Valid only on July 29th, August 3rd, August 5th, August 10th, August 12th, August 17th, August 19th and August 21st.
Click here to purchase tickets in advance.
Arrival and parking
Parking at the exhibition center
- On-site parking is $10, upfront $8 per vehicle.
- Available parking is at the Fairgrounds Infield, South Lot at 38th Street and at the Indiana School for the Deaf at 42nd Street while spaces are still available.
Accessible parking lot
- Accessible parking is located behind Gate 1 at the 38th Street entrance, in the southwest corner of the infield next to the ADA-accessible walking tunnel and the South Lot.
State Fair EZ Park
- These $10 lots are located south of 38th Street, the South Lot, across from the main gate and by the Indiana School for the Deaf on 42nd Street.
Indiana School for the Deaf parking lot hours: 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m
South Lot car park hours: 6:00am – 8:00pm
38th Street: College to Keystone Avenue:
- All Purple Line construction is suspended during the Indiana State Fair on 38th Street between College and Keystone Avenues. This segment will be opened with two lanes for oncoming traffic.
38th Street: Fall Creek Parkway to Keystone Avenue:
- All construction on the Purple Line will be suspended during the Indiana State Fair Wednesdays through Sundays on 38th Street from Fall Creek Parkway to Keystone Avenues. This segment is open to traffic in both directions via the south portion of 38th Street.
The Canine Stars Stunt Dog Show
- This event features world-class teams of dog trainers and their adopted dogs. As seen on America’s Got Talent, the show will take place August 3-21 at MHS Family Fun Park.
- This event takes place at 12:00, 15:00 and 17:30
- At this event, all baby farm animals and their mothers will be on display in the expo hall every day of the fair.
- This event takes place from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
The Flying Fools High Dive
- This event features the craziest diving shows.
- This event takes place at 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 5pm and 7pm
STRONGMAN Mighty Mike
- At this event, Mighty Mike returns to demonstrate his overwhelming strength along Main Street.
- This event takes place at 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m
The Backyard Brats and Brews
- Backyard Brats and Brews is expanding this year. The north side destination will be double the size, offering more games, seating areas, and entertainment.
USA Mullet Championships
- This event will take place for the first time on Saturday, July 30, at 2 p.m. at the state fair
State Fair Hot Air Balloon Night Glow
- This event returns on opening day at 9pm
- This event is free with paid admission to the fair.
The Grandstand of the Hooiser Lottery
- This schedule is packed with events including favorites like the State Fair Championship Rodeo, Demolition Derby, Harness Racing and more.
State fair art installations
- This event features several new art installations throughout the year.
Automotive themed programming
- World of Speed Exhibit: A curated collection of vintage and early 20th-century cars with Indiana roots, watch a 1962 Ford Model T being built in under 10 minutes, and more.
New food options
Bison Lettuce Wrap (Offered by Red Frazier Bison)
- Butter salad filled with ground bison, sweet onions, water chestnuts, ginger, carrots, soy and hoisin sauce.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Walking Taco (Offered by Meatball Factory LLC)
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos shredded in a pouch with taco meat, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Caramel Corn (Offered by Sun King)
- This year’s beer is Caramel Corn.
Pickle Pizza (Offered by Swains Concessions)
- Homemade dough with a dill ranch sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese, dill spices and dill pickles.
Fried Brownies (Offered by R&W Concessions)
- Ooey gooey brownies dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried and then topped with powdered sugar and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for chocolate lover’s taste buds.
Fried Cheese Stick (Offered by R&W Concessions)
- Mozzarella cheese dipped in corndog batter, then deep fried until golden.
Peach Shake Up (offered by R&W Concessions)
- Fresh lemons, sugar, ice and water along with peach flavor for a great summer flavor.
Iced Mocha Coffee Float (Offered by Hooks Drug Store Museum)
- Hand dipped ice cream on a chocolate flavored iced coffee, topped with your choice of whipped cream and a cherry.
Boba Fun Cup (Offered by Goodwin’s Pork-N-More)
- Vanilla ice cream with strawberry boba balls, sliced strawberries and jelly beans
Nitro Fuel (Offered by Goodwin’s Pork-N-More)
- Freshly brewed Lipton Iced Tea mixed with our world famous Blue Raspberry Lemon Twister.
State Fair Charcuterie Board (Offered by Urick Concessions)
- Charcuterie, but make it fair. We’ve replaced the traditional cheeses, meats, and nuts with mini funnel cakes, mini corn dogs, saltwater taffy, cotton candy, caramel corn, and popcorn corn topped with a sprinkling of colorful candy—all your favorite Indiana state classics Faire staples.
State Fair Mary (Offered by Urick Concessions)
- A delicious 24 oz Bloody Mary topped with all the State Fair Favorites! 3 skewers of fair treats including waffle fries, fried cheese curd, fried mac n cheese, mini corn dogs, bacon, fried pickles and a BBQ pulled pork slider!
The Original Cowpie (Offered by Indiana Ribeye)
- It’s a delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie with creamy vanilla ice cream in the center and another chocolate chip cookie to top it off!
Vegan Nachos (Offered by Black Leaf Vegan)
- Our ALL Vegan Nachos are packed with our fresh tortilla chips, succulent plant-based meat, crispy coleslaw, pico de gallo and cheese, topped with our creamy ranch, guacamole sauce and sweet teriyaki.
Pretzel Nacho Bites (Offered by Wilson Concessions)
- Fresh pretzel bites covered in nacho cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and bacon bits.
Mexican Street Corn in a Cup (Offered by Wilson Concessions)
- It’s made with roasted sweetcorn, mayonnaise, hot sauce, cheese, and Mexican spices.
New Crispy Chicken Sandwich (Offered by Wilson Concessions)
- It’s a crispy chicken breast on a fresh bun with your choice of toppings (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, mustard).
Canned Lemon Shake Up Cocktail (Offered by Hi and Mighty)
- Manufactured by Hi & Mighty, a new artisan spirits distillery at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. This tingling refreshment reminds you of the magic of the fair at the magic hour in the late summer days.
Pit Tattoos (Offered by the Indiana Pork Producers Association)
- Pit tattoos, pulled pork, shredded cheddar, jalapeños and sour cream.
Mint Cookie Milkshake (Offered by American Dairy Association Indiana Inc.)
- Mint Cookie Milkshake served with crumbled Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies.
Quick Quesadilla (Offered by American Dairy Association Indiana Inc.)
- Quick quesadilla served with Indiana’s very own Red Gold Salsa!
Mac Diggity Corn Dog (Offered by Gobble Gobble Food Truck)
- The Mac Diggity Corn Dog is an old favorite of our Mac Daddy with a twist…it’s on a corn dog! The mac corn dog crunch is just gorgeous!
- Friday 29 July (opening day)
We The Kingdom
Gone 2 Paradise (Tribute to Jimmy Buffett)
The Big Damn Band by Reverend Peyton
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
Too Fighters (A Tribute to Foo Fighters)
KC & The Sunshine Band
El Dia de los Latinos en la Feria del Estado de Indiana presented by Radio Latina (Latino Fest at the Indiana State Fair)
Happy Together Tour with The Turtles, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, The Classics IV, The Vogues, The Cowsills
Small Town (A Tribute to John Mellencamp)
Vixen & Autograph
Gospel Music Day with Fred Hammond
Visit their website for more information.