The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President and CEO, Board of Directors and other senior staff of the Phoenix-based Flinn Foundation, a leader in Arizona’s philanthropic community with a mission to improve the quality of life in Arizona. benefit future generations.
Potential candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are checked continuously.
responsibilities and duties
- Provides administrative support to the President and CEO, Board of Directors and other assigned officers including:
- Arranging appointments and meetings, planning board and committee meetings and various staff meetings
- Maintain Outlook calendars with relevant details
- Drafting emails and correspondence, including board and committee meeting minutes, reports, letters and presentations
- Creation of expense reports
- Making follow-up calls and emails
- Organization of travel and accommodation.
- anticipating the needs of the President and CEO; continue to assist the President and CEO by running errands and other duties as needed.
- Serves as liaison with the Board of Directors, responding to inquiries, providing information, and arranging travel and accommodation when dealing with official business of the Flinn Foundation.
- Provides administrative support to the Board and its committees; attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Coordinates the arrangements for board meetings, board retreats and orientations for board/committee members.
- Coordinates catering and set up/clean up for board and committee meetings, third party meetings and staff functions.
- Assists in planning and coordinating other on-site and off-site events if requested.
- Manages special projects for the President & CEO and the Chairman of the Board.
- Communicates directions from President & CEO to individuals and/or departments.
- Has detailed knowledge of the charter, charters of committees, operations, procedures, products and services, and personnel of the foundation; ensures compliance with Foundation policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical records of meeting minutes and organizational policies.
- Receives/interacts with meeting participants.
- Provides front desk assistance, answers the main phone line and assists with Flinn Foundation events as requested.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required skills and abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, including SharePoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zoom, Salesforce, Slack and Trello
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize work, work independently and collaborate with others
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information
- Professional demeanor and proven ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including staff, board, community leaders, Flinn Foundation guests and the general public
- Willingness and flexibility when needed
education and experience
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five years senior/executive support experience required
- Current Microsoft credentials or certification preferred
Physical and Other Requirements
- This position works at least 40% of the time in the Flinn Foundation office each week.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including computers, iPads, mobile apps, scanners, copiers, postal machines, etc. is assumed.
- Sitting at a desk for a long time and working on the computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Current car insurance for private individuals Vehicle.
About the Flinn Foundation
Since the inception of the Flinn Foundation in 1965, the primary area of grant award has been health care, with a particular focus since 2000 on the life sciences. Our fellowship and program areas also include Arts and Culture, the Flinn Scholars and the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
The Flinn Foundation Board of Directors consists of nine of Arizona’s leaders in medicine, technology, business and finance. The Foundation’s 21-strong professional staff is led by President and CEO Tammy McLeod, Ph.D.
The Flinn Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website for more information on the Foundation’s values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our office is located in downtown Phoenix, accessible by the Valley Metro Light Rail and other public transportation. A few times a year this position may require same-day travel within the state.
Most Flinn Foundation staff are currently working remotely part of the week. This position works at least 40% of the time in the Flinn Foundation office each week.
Flinn Foundation staff are urged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff who are not fully vaccinated are expected to wear a face covering in the common areas of the Flinn Foundation office.
Usually Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
wages and benefits
This position offers a competitive salary matched to experience and proven skills. Benefits include: paid vacation, vacation and sick leave; paid maternity/paternity leave; health and dental insurance; flexible spending account; life insurance; short and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; Covered parking and charging station for electric vehicles.