If you have an iPhone, you know that as long as you have a passcode set, your data is super secure. That’s fantastic news when you lose your device, but the problems start to appear once you’re the one who forgets their passcode and they suddenly get locked out of using the phone.
So if you were wondering how to access a locked iPhone without a password, you know that factory reset is an option.
In such circumstances, the only way to proceed is to factory reset your phone and set everything up again. Luckily, there are a few ways to reset an iPhone without having access to the passcode.
Method 1: PassFab iPhone Unlocker
PassFab iPhone Unlocker is an excellent iPhone unlocker with a user-friendly interface and many features. For example, it can unlock a locked or disabled iOS device and one with a broken screen. This works regardless of whether they are iPhones, iPads or iPod Touch.
PassFab allows users to reset iOS devices even if they forgot their passcode or Apple ID, which is pretty awesome for all those who manage to turn their devices into building blocks because passcodes are too hard to remember are.
Even better, this tool even works with the latest iOS 16 beta.
PassFab works when you’ve forgotten your passcode, the device is disabled, Face and/or Touch ID can’t be recognized, or your screen is too broken to enter a passcode.
How to factory reset iPhone without password using PassFab
Normally, to perform iPhone factory reset without password on your iPhone, you need to enter the passcode. If you forgot it or the screen is too broken to enter it, you clearly won’t be able to enter the code. Therefore, our first step is to remove screen lock.
First, make sure you have PassFab installed on your computer. You need the full version as the free trial doesn’t really let you reset your iDevice.
- Launch PassFab and choose between the four main features that appear on the screen. Choose Unlock iOS screen and click beginning.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer running PassFab. click Next once the device is recognized.
- Download and save the firmware package. Depending on your internet speed, this will take a few minutes. Just so you know, you’ll need around 7GB of disk space to download the firmware package.
- Once the download is complete, click the Start removal button on the screen.
- Once the process is complete, you can open the device without a passcode.
The next phase is super easy. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or reset iPhone. Then go ahead and tap Delete all content and settings.
Method 2: Find My iPhone
If you want to reset iPhone without password via Find My iPhone, you will find that it is not the most difficult, but it requires a few steps. Here’s what you need to do.
How to factory reset iPhone without password using Find My iPhone
- Sign in to the Find My iPhone page using your iCloud account.
- Enter your Apple ID and account password. You don’t need your iPhone passcode, but access to your regular Apple account is still mandatory.
- Select your iPhone from the device list.
- Click on that Delete Iphone option and confirm the decision.
That’s it. You can now access your device and create a new passcode.
Method 3: iTunes
Resetting your iPhone can also be done using your computer and accessing iTunes. This only works if you have previously synced your device with iTunes!
How to reset iPhone without password using iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Go to Summary in the menu on the left.
- In the new menu you will find the Restore iPhone option and click on it. Confirm your choice in the new window and restore your iPhone. This will take a while.
- This will give you access to your iPhone and all the information you had on it before the last backup.
Method 4: Recovery Mode
If you were wondering how to factory reset an iPhone quickly, you know that there is another way to do it if you forgot your passcode. You need iTunes on your computer and lock your iPhone in recovery mode.
How to factory reset iPhone without password using recovery mode
- First you need to launch iTunes and enter recovery mode.
- iPhone 8 or later: Briefly press and release the volume up button. > Do the same with the volume down button. > Press and hold the Power button until you see the Recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7: Press and hold the volume down button and the power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 6S and earlier: Press and hold the Home and Top or Side buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- A prompt will appear in iTunes, giving you the option to restore or update your device. Choose Restore.
PassFab iPhone Unlocker does an incredible job of allowing anyone to factory reset an iPhone without a password. PassFab iPhone Unlocker is the best method to factory reset iPhone without password, and we also recommend to factory reset iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. Choose the best method to fix your problems.
Please remember that factory resetting iPhone without password will remove all information you have on your device, from messages to photos, contacts, etc.
Factory resetting an iPhone without a passcode isn’t ideal since you won’t be able to do backups, but it can save you a lot of trouble later.