Indian Overseas Bank is also popularly known as IOB in India. This is also one of the most popular nationalized banks. The bank was founded in the 1930s and as of 2022 has over 3,200 domestic branches and about 4 foreign branches and a representative office. During nationalization, IOB was one of the 14 major banks taken over by the Indian government.
The bank offers a whole range of services both online and offline in the branch. The bank allows you to check your balance, get mini-statements, pay bills and check the savings book, all through their call, SMS and app services. In this guide, we take a look at how to check Indian Overseas Bank account balance using missed call, sms, toll free, internet banking, mobile banking and ATM service.
How to check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) balance through missed call banking service
One of the easiest ways to check the balance of a bank account is to use the missed calls service provided by the bank. Like most banks in India, IoB Bank offers this service for missed calls. Here is the number to check Canara balance.
Dial 04442220004 from your phone and the call will end automatically after a few rings, you will immediately receive an SMS from the bank with your bank balance.
Also Read: Canara Bank Balance Check: How to Check Canara Bank Balance via Internet Banking, Missed Call Service, Mobile App and More
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Internet Banking
- Visit the IOB Net banking website
- Enter the login ID and password
- Enter the captcha
- Click Sign In
- Select the “Check balance” option.
- Your account balance is displayed under Account balance
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Mobile Application
- Download and install the IndOASIS – Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking application Android or iOS
- Complete the registration process in the app with your mobile number, MPIN and password or simply log in if you have already registered
- After opening the app, tap on “My Accounts”.
- Your account balance is displayed under the Accounts tab
Also Read: PNB Balance Inquiry: How to Check Punjab National Bank Balance via Internet Banking, Missed Call Service, Mobile App and More
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via SMS
To check your account balance, you can follow the steps below.
- Text to 84240 22122
- Enter BAL
Enter the last 4 digits of the account number and click the Submit button.
- You will immediately receive an SMS from the bank with your remaining balance
How to Check Indian Bank Balance Abroad Using Toll Free Number
From your registered mobile number you can dial 04442220004 and check your account balance.
How to check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) balance by debit card using an ATM
This is an offline method to check Indian Overseas Bank balance by visiting the nearest ATM. This is the case when you cannot retrieve the balance by phone or internet banking. How to check Canara bank balance with an ATM card.
- Insert your Indian Overseas Bank ATM card into the machine
- Enter your ATM PIN
- Select the “Balance Inquiry” option.
- Check the balance and complete the transaction
Also Read: Bank of Baroda Balance Inquiry: How to Check BOB Balance Via Online Banking, Missed Number, Mobile App & More
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via UPI App
You can also check your Indian Overseas Bank balance using various UPI apps. You can check the balance of your Indian Overseas Bank account using Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM, Phonepe and more. In this article, we use Google Pay as an example and how you can check your Indian bank balance using the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download and install the Google Pay application on your Android or iOS device
- Follow the onscreen instructions to sign up for the service and create a UPI PIN
- Once done, you can just open the profile section of the application
- Now click on Payment Methods and then select the Indian Overseas Bank account. The app will retrieve your account details and you can proceed with that.
- You can tap Profile Photo on the top right of the home screen, select Bank Account, and then tap Indian Overseas Bank
- Tap the IOB and select Check Bank Balance and enter the UPI PIN to check your Indian Overseas Bank balance
Also Read: SBI Balance Check and Inquiry: How to Check SBI Balance via a Missed Number, Online Banking, Mobile App and More
Thank you for reading to the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive technical content, like our Facebook page